Saturday, October 13, 2007

My New Desk in the Flat



Take a close look. It might not seem like much, but that’s only because you can’t appreciate what it took to get it. It’s not something that’s easily found in our area. In fact, after an extensive search, last night I even tried to buy a well used plastic table from the local market thinking it would work well for 3 months. No luck. The owner wasn’t ready to part with it. I found this desk in a neighboring village. After extensive negotiations, we agreed on the price, the driver put it and the chair on the roof of the taxi, and off we went. It’s used, pretty rusted, and the drawers don’t work, but I couldn’t be happier.

Tonight we took in a Bollywood movie at the Thakur Village Cinema. We couldn’t understand much of anything being said but were able to follow the storyline and really enjoyed the show. At one point, I felt I had missed something that was said and turned to Frank to see if he'd caught it. What was I thinking?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home